On Site Safety Training Houston
Door and Dock Solutions offers valuable On site Safety Training to all customers. This training covers a wide range of topics including safety at the loading dock, overhead door safety, vertical lift and mezzanine safety regulations and a wide range of additional areas of concern. Our goal is to provide high quality, affordable, easy to understand safety training to all persons in the fields of Construction, General Industry (Manufacturing), and Maritime Industry.
To assist our customers with training personnel on proper safety practices at the loading dock and surrounding areas thus assisting in the prevention of hazardous and costly accidents. To provide the customer a comprehensive Loading Dock Safety Plan they can implement and follow in order to improve the level of safety at their facility and to assist in the training of future personnel.
Thousands of workers are injured every year due to injuries sustained on loading docks or during loading operations. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) estimates that most of these accidents can be prevented if proper safety precautions at job sites are initiated. The OSHA Safety Standards establish uniform requirements to ensure that the associated hazards in U.S. workplaces are evaluated, safety procedures implemented, and that the proper hazard information is transmitted to all affected workers.
Standards 29 CFR 1910.176 (materials handling), 1910.178 (Powered industrial trucks), Standard 29 CFR 1910.22.30 OSHA regulations.
Door and Dock solutions loading dock safety plan:
Provides the user with the needed written plan for establishing the requirements for a loading dock safety program including components such as; General requirements, housekeeping (general company policy), truck trailer safety, overhead door safety, environmental safety procedures, aisles and passageways, guardrails, floor loading protection, guarding floor and wall openings, protection of open sided floors, platforms, and runways, stairs, railings and guards, definitions and other data as required by the U.S Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Editable safety forms included with program are:
1 Hazards includes
- Slipping or tripping on wet, oily or broken floor surfaces
- Falling off dock edges
- Injuries from falls or unsecured trailer wheels
- Injuries resulting from un chocked trailer wheels
- Illness or unconsciousness from inhaling carbon monoxide from trucks
- Back injuries from improper lifting and carrying
- Injuries from careless behavior around forklift and other vehicle
2 Keep floors clean, dry and in good condition
- Place containers, packaging, tools and other materials safely out of walking and driving areas
- Clean up and and properly dispose of thrash
- Place oily rags or other combustable thrash in closed containers
- Clean up any spills immediately
- Alert trained responders to major spills
- Follow material safety data sheet for cleaning chemical spills
- Watch out for dripping rain, melting ice etc
- Report any cracked or broken concrete or flooring
- Loading Dock Safety Program (Industrial) Plan
- Receiving Department Instructions
- Over 20 safety documentation and record keeping forms
Our 24 / 7 Emergency Service is available 365 days an year, Your service is one call away so call us now.
Our staff of quality servicemen has decades of experience in commercial access control, door, dock, and motor operator applications. Our fully stocked trucks and warehouses allow us to repair or replace your doors and loading docks with minimal interruption to your business. Door and Dock Solutions focuses on safety and security. Our program includes monthly and weekly meetings, written documentation, and planning. We own and operate our own fleet of cranes, trucks, lift trucks, and scissor lifts that are delivered to your job site to enhance efficiency and safety.